Saturday, July 7, 2012

final day in cagli...


I went to the piazza this morning and had a cappuccino with a friend and waited for Father Bruno ....he is painting this morning...and I am anticipating some of his fluid style rubbing off on me. I will post some of his work at a later time...Father Bruno is easy to spot in his loose shorts and pale yellow t-shirt and sunglasses with a black rubber holder around his neck. This morning he arrived with his backpack and a styro plate; on it are three blobs of acrylics: umber, Prussian blue, and a ..maybe ..vermillion (I say ARE because Bruno left before me and told me to just leave his paints there and he would get them later...in Cagli, I am sure they would be there tomorrow...an honest population) My friend left and the Father and I walked to the concrete benches in front of the City Hall. He reached in his backpack and handed me some heavy stock paper and a sharpie...I did not know he was wanting me to work alongside him....We sat sketching/painting for several minutes and Bruno del Medico joined us ( this is the Bruno I profiled in Cagli the past two weeks...more later)...I handed him some of the paper and a brush and marker...and we all painted/sketched for about an hour there on the piazza...drawing the curiosity of the townspeople...fun...memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment