Wednesday, June 8, 2011

leaving italy for france

At the Uffizzi Musei in Florence today...standing in front of Botticelli's "Birth of Venus"..I was overwhelmed at this amazing place. It's huge and full...full of more art than I ever saw in the coffee table books that were my introduction to so many great pieces when I was small. I may one day regret leaving before seeing it all, but it seemed I was rushing and it was difficult to see some of the major pieces because of the crowds.

Tomorow is our last class and our last tour. We will conclude with a dinner tomorrow evening here in Florence. I have been keeping a hand written journal that I will work on transcribing onto this blog over the next few weeks.

Friday morning I leave for Paris and plan to connect back here as I have internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment